1. God is our loving Heavenly Father. God loves you. He wants the very best for your life.
His love includes you.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
He has new life for you.
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" (John 10:10).
2. When we do wrong, we sin against God and others. Sin separates us from God.
"Sin" is doing what we want to do, no matter what the Bible says. It is rebellion against God. When we sin, we walk away from God and the eternal life that He has for us.
Everyone has sinned.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
Sin brings death.
"For the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).
We know when we have sinned. We feel sorry for the wrong things we have done. But our own efforts cannot save us.
As sinners we try to find meaning in the wrong ways and places.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).
3. Jesus Christ took the punishment that we deserve. Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Jesus came back to life.
He is able to do what He says He will do.
Jesus Christ died in our place.
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us"
He is the way to new life.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
(2 Corinthians 5:17).
He gives inner peace.
"We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1).
He gives freedom.
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:36).
He gives eternal life.
"But the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23).
4. You can decide to follow Jesus. Ask Jesus to forgive your sins and accept Him as your personal saviour.
Here are the A, B, C's of a Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ:
A = Admit that you have sinned.
"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
B = Believe that Jesus Christ died for you.
"to all who received him, to those who believe in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12).
C = Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of your life.
"If you confess with your mouth 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9-10).
Repentance and making a decision to follow Jesus means:
- To acknowledge your sins.
- To be sorry for your sins.
- To confess your sins.
- To be willing to forsake your sins.
- To have your life changed by Christ.
Forgiveness is promised.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).
5. Place your trust in Christ and receive Him as your Saviour.
Christ is ready.
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in" (Revelation 3:20).
Salvation is a gift, freely given from God
You must reach out and take Jesus into your heart by faith.
Receive Him now.
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12).
Pray this prayer:
"Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I have sinned. I need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died and rose again for my sins. I now turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour. I will follow You as my Saviour and Lord. I know that Your grace and power will enable me to live for You. Thank You, Jesus, for saving me and for giving me a new life. Amen"
6. You can be sure that Jesus now lives in your heart, because the Bible says so. Jesus will be with you each moment and help you make right choices and right decisions in your life.
"And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life" (John 5:11-12).
For help in living a meaningful life in Christ:
- Be assured of Christ's forgiveness.
- Read your Bible and pray daily.
- Find a concerned pastor and other Christians.
- Become a vital part of that church.
- Share your faith with others.
A caring church family is waiting to accept you and help nurture you as a Christian. Locate a Church of the Nazarene near you.
All Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version (NIV). Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House. All rights reserved.